In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Saturday 1 November 2014

Day 322 - Hey Man, Nice Shot

communication

We took the camera out on our walk today, for the first time in ages...so it's going to be a photo-heavy post tonight!

We got a good few nice photo's, but the one above is perhaps my favourite...a lovely moment of communion between Anna and Robin.

what?

Earlier, Anna asked Robin to get down, and again he was immediately cooperative, and Anna took this lovely portrait of him.

smiler

He just thought it was funny.... 


hahaha

In fact, it was hilarious!

Three buzzards were wheeling in the skies overhead, and with the unseasonal warm sunshine, I got some really nice shots...

majestic

I took dozens, of varying quality of course...but the detail on this one is pleasing...

In the following photo, I like the interesting clouds...I wouldn't have thought of cropping the photo in such a way, but Picasa suggested it and I happily accepted the inspiration.


float on

The reason there are three buzzards is that they're a family unit...

learn to fly

I'm so pleased with this photo - adult and offspring in flight, in the same shot!  A slight shame about the cloudy backdrop, but still, it's not easy to get a picture like this.

I also got another shot of a scene that we frequently witness, but I thought would be impossible (or at least improbable) to catch on camera...

cut to the chase

Not only do the corvids seem to universally dislike buzzards, but they're not remotely afraid of them either, despite the size disadvantage...here, a lone crow chases the buzzard, driving (or just annoying) him away from the crows nesting site...

And finally:

green grass

As the disturbingly mild Autumn continues into November, I realised I had perhaps one last chance to get a late cut on the lawn.  Should the warm weather suddenly cease, the lawn will now be nice and short through the winter, which makes management of the dog's toilet habits a little easier.

It looks a bit tidier too...although there are still many leaves to be lost from the hawthorn hedgerow all around the garden.

For the moment, it all looks nice in the bright sunshine.

B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment