In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Friday 31 October 2014

Day 321 - There Will Be Blood

abandon hope

Our next door neighbours kindly (if unknowingly) provided me with a timely Halloween photo today.

We'd been for a climbing session/workout this afternoon, and arrived home just as the light was fading, to find that our neighbours had clearly got Halloween plans!  They have a number of children and grandchildren, who are now excitedly running around the garden shouting.

I hope they don't come trick or treat-ing...in nearly ten years here, I've never had a trick or treat-er at my door...it's extortion by another name, isn't it?!

Bah humbug.

In more important news, more blood spilled climbing today!

bloody friction paint

It seemed appropriate for the date, in any case...which is more than can be said for the weather...

It hit 24C in London today...that's 3C warmer than has ever been recorded in the UK on Halloween!

Does anyone else find that fact as disturbing as I do?

I realise that a sample of one does not a theory prove, but it's hard to deny that significant climate change is already happening...and catastrophic climate change is unlikely to be too far behind...after all, it's not like we've seen the error of our ways and are busily reversing the damage...

What have we done to our planet?!

:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment