In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Tuesday 25 November 2014

Day 346 - Dog in the Dark

in the spotlight


Honestly, if it wasn't for this dog, I've no idea what I'd be bringing you in the way of daily photo's, as we head into the last few weeks of this epic adventure.

Today has been a bit of a mess, quite frankly...

As consciousness rudely intruded upon my slumber, the infection that has been lurking for the last couple of days in my sinuses and chest made itself immediately felt...no improvement then, great.

I struggled to wake, and ended up leaving for work late, having forgotten to shave, which is quite unlike me.

We'd had the first hard frost of the winter, and my car was iced up to the extent that I had to go back for tepid water, and one of the doors was frozen shut and took some budging.

On the way to work, it was obviously chillier than of late, so several drivers felt it prudent to stick around 30mph, despite virtually normal road conditions...grrr..

I had a a busy day at work, eventually leaving just before 6pm and so not getting home until 7pm.  

We walked SpongeBob down the lane, where it was very dark.  I noticed how white his bum is in my powerful head-torch light (still on its first charge, w00t!), so played around taking some photos with that as the only light source (the head torch, not his bum - although he sometimes does behave as though the sun shines out of it).

Mostly they were a bit rubbish, as I'm sure you'd expect by now, but this one isn't too bad...I like the effect of the bright dog in a sea of inky blackness.

After walking him, we had to go to Sainsbury's to do the weekly shop, and whilst there, I twisted my knee...I was just hanging about by the pastries, resisting buying all the doughnuts whilst Anna nipped back for red peppers (although she came back with red wine...huh?), and idly doing some twisty balance problems on one foot.  

Somehow, whilst twisting my knee, I sort of, erm...twisted my knee, which is still sore now. 

On the way back to the car a pack of biscuits (yeah I didn't resist those) fell out of the shopping cart and I ran over them with the cart, breaking the packet open in the process.

Once home, I waited until a critical point in the dinner-making process, then randomly threw a raw egg onto the floor of the kitchen. 

Ten minutes later, I trod in the foamy cleaning product that Anna had put down where I'd dropped the egg, and walked it around the kitchen a bit.

It's now 11pm and I've just eaten...I think I need just sit and try not to do anything for a bit...

Although I feel rough as a dog (not one of our dogs of course), everything hurts, and I still need to shower...damn...

It seems to me like there's one phrase that pops up time and time again throughout my blog, and could quite reasonably be used as the subtitle for the whole thing, after the usual strap-line...

Over the Hill, and Picking Up Speed!
(I'm so tired...)

:-zzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment