In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Sunday 30 November 2014

Day 351 - Get Loz'd

all aboard

Have I had any selfies on my blog yet?  I'm not sure that I have...possibly...in any case, as it seems to be The Year of the Selfie, it would be rude not to include one...

First thing this morning, as I was sitting in my chair waiting for full awake to arrive, Loz came and settled on my lap, as she is wont to do of a morning. 

As soon as she's had her breakfast (or whilst waiting for it), she loves to come and sit on my lap.  Sometimes she will even herd me towards my chair in an attempt to get me to sit. 

Immediately I sit down, she'll sneak in and settle down, purring happily.  If I have time, I'm happy for the warmth, and if I'm working from home that day she'll sleep on my lap for most of the morning.

Usually I don't have time, and I have to jump up before she settles in. 

Having a warm lump of furry, purry cat on your lap can have quite a soporific effect, though...in our house it's referred to as being Loz'd..."I got Loz'd!" is a common (and accepted) explanation for having fallen asleep in my chair (again)...

Anyway this morning I got Loz'd, but before I'd fallen asleep, The Boy Wonder decided he wanted to join in the fun. 

He got his front paws up and across my belly, and wanted to climb on fully...but fortunately he accepted my firm "no" without complaint, instead choosing to simply settle where he was.

So I had both of them laying on me like this for about half an hour, which made for a warm and pleasant Sunday morning, thanks!

Once I'd eventually removed them, I realised that the day had warmed and brightened considerably after the early mist, so I wandered out with the camera to try to catch a photo of the tiny wren that's been flitting around the hedgerow for the last few days.

I completely failed to spot him.

However, I did catch a glimpse of one of our winter visitors, the fieldfare...



'fare play

There are loads of these out in the fields and hedgerows, but they're quite skittish and fly off at the first hint of human (or maybe it's just me)...

I also got a shot of a magpie in the big tree over the road...


more 'pie

I thought I hadn't got a magpie on the blog yet, but on checking, it turned out that I had...

Only two more weeks to go, and it's apparently getting trickier to avoid repeating myself!

:-)

2 comments:

  1. Selfie recorded on Day 158! See, I do pay attention :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, good spot! :o) I totally forgot about that!

    Anna also pointed out Day 22 - show's what I know.

    I wonder how many more there have been...

    ReplyDelete