In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Sunday 15 December 2013

Day 1 - First post!

Maisie the Ninja is caught napping


Today is a significant day for me.   It's the big Five-Oh, half a century (and still not out, thank you very much).   

Every day for the year that I'm five-oh (still in denial and can't use the actual words), I'm going to take a photo and post it on this blog.  

Although today is my birthday, being a Sunday, my party was last night.   Interestingly, it turns out that your five-oh birthday lands on the same day of the week as you were born...who knew?!   Maybe this isn't always true if a leap year gets in the way, or if you're born after 1951, I suppose...or maybe that makes no difference (pesky Leap Year rules!)...YMMV, I suppose...

In any case, it's five-oh years to the day-of-the-week since I first sucked in oxygen and used it to blurt out a cry announcing my arrival.   I wonder if I feel any better today than I did back then?!   I'm fairly certain I feel older...

Anyway, this evening, Maisie managed to purrfectly (hoho) capture the essence of my day - falling asleep after a hard xbox session, next to a half drunk bottle of wine and a packet of painkillers, in front of the open fire...

Thanks Maise, you are officially photo number one of the year I hit the big five-oh...

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I never responded to your question, Matt, sorry 'bout that!

    Your Mileage May Vary...it's a caveat, stating that it maybe different for you...

    ReplyDelete