In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Day 339 - Wise Monkey

monkey

This cheeky little chap is known as Monkey, despite the fact that he appears to be more ape than monkey.

He's an amenable fellow, and has caused no trouble since moving in with us a few weeks ago.


the boy wonder

This somewhat larger chap is Robin, aka Rubinho, aka The Boy Wonder (or simply Wonderboy), aka BigDog, aka Treacle Pudding (or more recently, Treacle SpongeBob)...

He's mostly an amenable fellow, and has caused little trouble since moving in with us a few weeks ago.

SpongeBob and Monkey have a special relationship, albeit mostly one way.

bonding

If Rubinho is feeling a little stressed or excited, he'll pick Monkey up in his jaws, lie down and cuddle him like this...

It does seem to be affectionate in the main, although the BigDog will sometimes shake Monkey and throw him around the room a bit.  Monkey doesn't seem to mind this, shall we say, robust treatment, and he certainly has a knack for calming Wonderboy down. 

Thanks to Anna for the nice pics!

In other Anna/photo news, here's a fairly ordinary, and even (dare I say) dull roof space in a barn somewhere in the wilds of Warwickshire.


yawn

But you should know by now that I only post a photo like this to provide context for something more interesting...see the two beams, old and new, that bisect the middle of the photo until they meet the wall at right centre?

Between the two beams Anna found some familiar little dudes roosting...


yay

Close inspection reveals a handful of brown long eared bats, three of which can be seen in the image above.   You can see the long ears most clearly on the one on the right, especially if you take a look back at one of my early blog celebrities, Billy the BLE...

Finally, here's a photo I actually took myself, today:


good morning

At around 7.45 this morning, as I was leaving for work, the light was glorious, with a beautiful sunrise going on across the fields to the south east, so I grabbed a handful of early banker shots of it before I hit the road.

I used a variety of settings to try to capture some of the spectacular morning colour, and I think this one caught some of it...although I've no idea which preset I was using at the time...

Was it the sunrise setting?  Sunset?  Autumn colour?  I certainly tried them all...

In any case, I don't really know how accurate this one is, as I viewed the photo some hours after viewing the actual sky.

But I do believe it's fairly close, in spirit if not in spectrum...

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment