In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Saturday 10 May 2014

Day 146 - Oh What a Night

pin snot

I was going to open this post with a hearty TFIF!...but as I started to type I realised I've missed the boat by about 20 minutes.

I've never been that punctual.  I'm not late all the time, but in general if I need to be somewhere at a certain time, I'm more likely to be late than early. 

For instance, today I was a little late:

  • leaving for work...
  • getting to work...
  • leaving work...
  • getting home...
  • leaving for Kim's...
  • getting to Kim's...

I suppose the leavings don't really count, even though they lead directly to the gettings...but still, you get the idea, I'm sure. 

I was due to be born on Friday the 13th, but I was two days late, eventually arriving on Sunday the 15th December, 1963.

50 years later, and I still haven't quite caught up. 

The point of all that is...it's late - I'm late...so I'll try to keep this brief (although perhaps it's already too late for that...QED!).

This is my first attempt to take a decent portrait photo.  I think it turned out pretty well!

To be fair, I took loads of photo's, and cropped this out of one of them.  

This is my lovely daughter Kim.  We spent the evening with Kim and Roob, to celebrate Kim's birthday.  Although mostly we just nattered, and ate doughnuts.

Being an arty couple, their house is full of all sorts of interesting things, and here's one of them (two,if you count Kim, natch):


or, you know, don't

I can't agree with the sentiment on the side of this gorgeous drinks cooler, but it is a lovely shade of red!

I'm not suggesting drinking coca cola out of a can - it's much better from a bottle, I agree on that front...what I'm suggesting is 

Don't drink Coca Cola...  

You know it's wrong...on pretty much every level...

To bastardise the tagline of another corporate behemoth that you should probably avoid at all costs...

Just don't do it.

B-/

No comments:

Post a Comment