In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Day 144 - Je Ne Sais Quoi

je sais. c'est un pommier

Twelve squared - get in!  

I only need to do this for around n-n-n-nineteen squared days, so I'm well over half way...aren't I?!

Anyway, dubious logic and maths aside, I've been feeling bad about not checking up on Frankie lately.  Life's been hectic, and somehow I just haven't gotten around to it.  

Shame on me!

This evening I resolved to make the effort, despite getting home late from work, very tired, with a bazillion (maybe even as many as a gajillion) things to do.

Maybe I saw Pinocchio one too many times as a child (although that seems unlikely - seeing a movie was quite the special occasion), but regardless, Jiminy Cricket somehow had a lasting effect on me.

Always let your conscience be your guide

That's what he said, I can distinctly recall...well, it's what someone said...or maybe I just made it up, I don't know...in any case, I remember it clearly, and for whatever reason have proceeded to do just that for most of my life. 

Consequently, by this evening, when my own personal little Jiminy Cricket was fair shouting at me, even poking me in the eye now and again for emphasis, I could ignore him no longer...

So I took Jazz out in the cold wind (what's that about?  It's May, for god's sake!), and we wandered over to the orchard to see how young Frankie was doing. 

He wasn't there! 

Now, two obvious possibilities immediately spring to mind; maybe he's been stabled whilst he gets on top of the laminitis; or the laminitis got the better of him, and he's gone to gallop over the grassy plains in the sky...

On the information available to me at this time, I have no reason to favour one explanation over the other...but I have a clear preference.

Therefore, I'm choosing to believe that he's in a warm, comfortable stable, with a soft bed of hay, plenty to eat and some good drugs, and in a couple of months time he'll be back in the orchard, trotting excitedly about.   

I will of course check with the shepherd at the earliest opportunity, and report my findings here.

As Frankie wasn't there, I took a few snaps of the trees in the orchard.  I just love this photo of an apple tree with the pale sunset behind, and I'm not really sure why...but that doesn't matter, I like it, and I hope one or two of you lot might like it too.   

It has a certain je ne sais quoi about it, don't you think?

As a bonus, here's another photo that I like (hey it's my blog, I can post whatever I want!)

This looks kind of swampy to me, as though it could be somewhere in the North American Deep South...but it is in fact just over the road from where we live, maybe no more than 40 yards from where I'm sitting typing this.


by the bayou?

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's a little over exposed...I'm just a bumbling amateur photographer, only just beginning to get to grips with the basics...gimme a break, huh?   I get distracted by framing and composition, and often forget to check the technical details such as exposure levels...oops!

Check this out though...the tree sneaking into the top left corner of the photo is an Ash, which I wouldn't have been able to identify until Anna told me how, not two days ago!

I bet you hadn't even noticed the tree, had you?

Honestly, pearls before swine...

:-p

No comments:

Post a Comment