In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Sunday 25 May 2014

Day 161 - Troubled Sky

beeline south

Over the last week, most of my photo's have been taken indoors, and curiously, I find this is giving my blog a misleading look...my life feels greener than the images suggest! 

To redress the balance, I took the opportunity when presented with a brief sunny interval earlier on this afternoon...the light was bright and warm, and the greens vibrant. 

It's a different green to that we had a few weeks ago, as it starts to thicken and settle towards a darker, Summer shade...and the bee is a happy accident, caught nicely against the troubled sky, which is far more indicative of today's windy, wet, blustery weather than the sun would suggest. 

In the distance you can see the slopes of Edge Hill, where King Charles amassed his troops before the opening battle of the English Civil War, in October 1642.   

I think I've mentioned that before, but this blog is now so extensive that I can't remember everything I've written...I suppose you should prepare for me to start repeating myself. 

It's fair to say that my memory is poor, and I often can't remember obvious things in my recent past.

I put it down to a flaw in the trivia switch in my brain - all sensory input is first assessed for triviality, and if deemed trivial, it's routed lightly over the surface of my mind, never to be disturbed by any deeper scrutiny...such information is treated as throwaway - very little attention is given to it and it's not retained. 

My trivia switch is apparently very sensitive, and nearly everything is deemed trivial - so I don't remember much.  My blog is now so extensive that I can't remember everything I've written...I suppose you should prepare for me to start repeating myself...

;-)

Anyway (before I forget where I was going), these are the views from our bedroom windows...the one above is looking Southwards out of the South West facing window, and below is the view Eastwards from the North East facing window at the opposite end of the room. 


on the fifth day, look to the east...

As you can see, life is still green around here!

B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment