In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Thursday 8 May 2014

Day 145 - Diversionary Tactics

who picked the paper?

The realisation that your offspring are older than you were when they were born makes for a sobering moment...

My lovely daughter Kim is 26 today, and I'm still 50...she's catching me up!

She's more than half my age for the first time...that's weird and scary...I could be a grandpa!

No...that makes no sense...does not compute...LALALALA NOT LISTENING LALALA...

Moving on swiftly...deploy diversionary tactics...

As I was saying, Kim and partner Roob are in the final throes of purchasing their first house.  It's the usual stressful nightmare, some of the details of which can be found on Roob's blog, Escaping the Grind.  There's some amazing stuff about how cheaply they're managing to furnish the house too.  Impressive what you can do if you have the drive and motivation. 

Kim was out with her mum tonight, so we're heading on over tomorrow evening for dinner.  In the meantime I thought I'd tease Kim a little with this photo of her card and pressies, which are really cool - I got her a...

haha you didn't think I'd fall for that one, did you?!

Seriously though, they are cool, and I did get her....damn, stop making me do that!

Back on topic, I got this card because it's quite pink and glamorous, which Kim often is too...check out how colourful she looked when we went canoeing on the Wye River last summer:


eyup me'duck

Ok perhaps not so glamorous in this shot, but we had been canoeing through a deluge for a couple of hours, and conditions really weren't conducive to glam.

I think she's really cool, although I'm her dad, so I guess there's a hint of bias there...maybe she's not cool at all?!  I'm not sure I can be objective...but then cool is subjective, surely?  So I must be right.  

My daughter is way cool! 

(can't think where she gets it from...)

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment