In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Day 318 - The Final Hole

too late?

As I drove home today, I remembered I was due to complete the Hole in the Hedgerow series...it's a four parter, comprised of four photo's of this view through the hawthorn, taken approximately 90 days apart.

Parts One, Two and Three were taken in late January, April and July, with the final part due in the last few days of October.

However, despite having left work very early today, just after half past four, the light was almost gone as I arrived home at five...I hopped out of the car (as much a big old 50 year old can hop, anyway), and took a couple of snaps. 

I'm not sure I've got away with it, so I might take another one tomorrow if we have some reasonable light.

In other news, those who may be sceptical about my claim that Robin was mirroring Loz in yesterdays, post, may I hereby present further evidence for your examination...

copydog

This photo was taken at 00.30hrs this morning (late last night)...in both this photo and the one from last night, it is Robin who has subconsciously copied Loz's position...this time even more closely than the earlier example.

Robin even had his nose under his tail when I first saw them like this, but the click of the camera disturbed him and he fidgeted slightly.

It has been proposed by scientists that "species which can mirror each other form friendly cross-species liaisons"...humans do this, chimpanzees do it, and dogs do it. 

Do cats?  I'm not sure, I think probably not, given their generally unsociable nature. 

But in our case, it's Robin doing the mirroring, and even though Loz doesn't actively participate, she still may reap the psychological benefit of a companion that is in sync with her.

In any case, we hope it reflects a growing bond between the two of them...it makes for a symbiotic relationship that would be lovely for both of them, and would help to keep a calm, friendly atmosphere in the house.

Anyway, I'm going to watch out for further instances of mirroring, and will report back any success!

B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment