In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Friday 3 October 2014

Day 293 - Moon Rising

half moon

Friday night again, and I've got a pretty random collection of photo's for you...and I'm completely distracted by something else entirely...

The top photo, whilst not so dramatic, made for a nice contrast with last night's sunset...looks like we're halfway through the lunar month!

In other news, I cleared the hole in the hedgerow this evening, after it had been blocked by a large pile of hedge trimmings.


hole whole

All ready for the Autumn Edition, in about two weeks time...

Whilst clearing it, I came across some of the tree from the bottom of my 50@50 post...somebody had used it to block up the gap. 

For reasons that will be revealed over coming days, I was looking at another hole in the hedgerow, within the garden, that I wanted to block...remembering my promise to the little tree we had to cut down, I gathered all I could find of it and used it to create a bit of lattice-work to fill in the hole.


manweb

As I was doing this, Loz started to stalk and pounce on the end of one of the sticks where it lay on the lawn, so I quickly grabbed the camera.


target locked

That stick is so going to get it - and probably much faster than I know how to photograph!


lightning strike

Yep, sure enough, she homed in so fast that everything is in focus except her!

For those of you who are unsure of the joys of owning a cat, allow me to demonstrate...

Warning, not for the faint-hearted...


deadv0l3

This is the kind of thoughtful present you can anticipate coming home to on a regular basis, when you share your home with an active feline - it's the back end of a vole...when Loz eats a vole, she always starts with the head, and works her way down the body until she loses interest.

Much as I've worked my way this far down the blog before losing interest!

If anyone's still paying attention, I'll give you a clue as to why I'm so distracted...there may be an opportunity looming to tick off a significant Challenge for the year...it's a really important one, and I could get the tick within the next couple of weeks...

Watch this space...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment