In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Day 311 - Autumn Leaves

leave it

Today seemed as though it was the first truly autumnal day, with even a hint of winter thrown in for good measure, as the day wore on.

The morning was one of those...four back to back meetings, to which I was progressively late (later and laterer), at least one of which was vaguely stressful, and I also had to move my car at one point...on top of that we had major service issues - internet down, mail system down, remote access down - and part of my job is to manage the Service Desk which a good number of our thousands of users will call when their systems aren't working properly.

The meetings got gradually further behind schedule until they eventually finished around 13.45hrs, 45 minutes late, with just 45 minutes before the first of the afternoon's meetings...this one was just for a major project that I'm accountable for...

So, ya know, no pressure...

I was famished, so decided to go out in search of food, but as I left the building and pondered where to go, I remembered I had a banana and a cereal bar in my bag, and figured they would do...in the interests of resisting the urge to eat all the time (just like Robin), I decided to forego additional lunch in favour of a wander to look for Autumnal photo ops...

Although I somehow also managed to buy a bag of crisps along the way... ;-)

I took a stroll to the local graveyard (always a cheery option), and took a few fairly awful snaps on my phone.

Here's a nicely framed, lovely coloured tree, against a busy and utterly inappropriate backdrop (from the perspective of getting a good photo)...

nice try

I also met a skittish little squirrel running around the base of a tree with a large conker in its mouth...

squiggle

Obviously, this is exactly the sort of shot that a camera phone is completely useless at...but hey, you can see the little chap with his big bushy tail!

Lastly, and completely unrelated to any of that, here's a late bonus entry to the Cat-in-a-Bag series.

cat in a bag

Maisie is great for this series...basically, you just get a bag and put it near her...

Before long, she'll be in it! 

This is actually a duvet bag that just has an old pillow in it...Maisie was nosing into it, trying to find a way in.  I lifted the top up to create a little cave and she was straight in, purring with pleasure at her brilliant new hidey-hole. 

I expect that'll be her new favourite place for a few days...

Until she gets bored of it and decides it's rubbish.

That's Maisie!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment