In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Friday 10 January 2014

Day 27 - Birds and Glasses

Has he got little sunglasses on?!

More photography experimentation this afternoon...trying to make sense of ISO, f-stops and shutter speed.   Who knew it was so complicated!   I can only do about 20 minutes before my brain falls out of gear.  Although that may be this lurgy, can't concentrate on anything at the moment. 

Photography progress is slow - it seems to be quite an art.  The photo above is about the best I took, although I have to confess it's a crop of a bigger image.   I quite like the composition, but need to work on focussing and depth of field.

I am struggling to get the camera focussed properly.

Anna pointed out that this may be because my eyesight is getting really poor...hmm, she probably has a point.   When I look through the viewfinder, I can't actually tell if there are any birds on the feeders...I have to look through my own lens's for that, which works fine at that distance.

Perhaps because I'm tired and my eyes have been a bit sore, but I can barely read my phone now, and I do really, really struggle to read without assistance.  I did have an eye test a couple of months ago that said my sight and general eye health is fine - except I need reading glasses.

I have some magnifying glasses that I bought in Waitrose or somewhere, on a whim.  They work well, except then I have to hold things very close.  And my eyes go crazy trying to adjust between looking through, or looking over them...I should get some to match my prescription.

It's my age, apparently.   Wouldn't you know...quite a shock though, after a lifetime of more-or-less perfect vision.

I've been increasingly struggling to focus on anything close to my face for about 5 years now.   It got to the point where I was resisting getting glasses until I was 50...what's my excuse now?!

I don't know...

Seems I've been in denial...guess I'm going to have to concede defeat, and get some glasses!

B-)

1 comment:

  1. My eyesight is also suffering the same problem but, I think I read somewhere that there are exercises you can do to restore the focusing ability of the eye but, as with all things, wear and tear and all that.

    (I could go into more sciencey type stuff that I vaguely know about but, I have been up all night and it's currently 05:15 so... maybe I'll come back to this :P)

    ReplyDelete