In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Sunday 5 January 2014

Day 22 - Snotsville, Arizona

Forecast: Blowy

Well, all plans for today were scuppered by the onset, late yesterday, of a stinking head cold.

Don't know where I picked this up...at work?   Matt's fault, probably, even though I haven't seen him since Xmas Eve...how does he do it?!

;o)

We were planning on visiting my nephew Oliver, in Burbage, whose birthday it is today.   

Happy Birthday, Ol'!

After that we were going to nip to Loughborough for a climbing session - great bouldering centre there - I was quite looking forward to it.   But this morning I felt pretty rough, and I think I would have been too tired, and not thinking straight.   So I would've climbed horribly, and probably hurt myself.

Instead, I've spent the day sitting in my chair monging out, whilst playing Borderlands 2 on the Xbox (360) with Jezz.   I played that fairly horribly too, and definitely hurt myself quite a bit!   Fortunately only in cyberspace though, not here in meatworld.

Speaking of which, it looks as though this might be the year that Virtual Reality finally starts to live up to its promise, with devices such as the Oculus Rift Headset scheduled to come to market.   It doesn't seem too much of a stretch to suspect that these things are going to change the world.

The future is now...looks like it could be an interesting year!

PS Apologies to Christina for the brevity of this post...brain power stuck on feeble today...you'll just have to get on with your work...  :op

1 comment:

  1. The Cold: usually the symptoms are the end of the Cold as it's being evicted by your immune system and the virus has been with you in your body for up to a month I think. Typically, Stress (and generally negative emotions) lowers the immune system's strength allowing the virus in).

    I learned that from The Big Bang Theory (T. V. Show) and a little research on the internet.

    I really want to try the VR system but, I am waiting on the 3D Holographic projection system to get up to speed.

    ReplyDelete