In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Monday 6 January 2014

Day 23 - Sunny Interval


Misleading perspective

I had to stay home today, as I'm full of a head cold.  Coughing, sneezing, spluttering...where does it all come from?!

This afternoon I thought I might take Jazz over to the field for a walk, figuring the cold breeze might clear my head a bit.   So when a sunny interval appeared, I carpe diem'd it without further ado.

Anna had offered her camera to have a play with, so I dug that out, gave the batteries a 5 minute charge, and headed out, pockets stuffed with tissues.

As a photographer, I've really no idea what I'm doing, so I left it on auto, decided not to worry about it repeatedly flashing up "backlight" in red letters on the screen, and rattled off a load of snaps. 

Some of them are quite nice, and the difference in quality between my phone and a proper camera was immediately clear.   I took a few landscapes, some of a double rainbow, some weather shots, and tried for a bit of wildlife.  

I caught a pic of a couple of herons and was impressed that they're clearly herons even though the photo was taken around 100m away.   The blue tits on the bird feeders are better than I get with my phone, but I think I still need to understand what I'm doing a bit better.

In the end I struggled to decide which photo to use, and settled on the one above just because it looks like a nice sunny day.    This is the view facing north from the field over the road.

It's a misleading shot, as away to the south east the sky was dark and ominous, and I could feel the storm slipping by us once again, whilst off to the east, the break between the two weather systems was clear.


East

South east
   










This is a weird editor...could I get those two images horizontally aligned?!

Nope...nope, I couldn't...sigh

1 comment: