In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Day 31 - Sunny Daze

ray of light

As I was about to rush out to work this morning, I happened to notice it was sunny outside, so I opened the bedroom window and rattled off a few snaps on my phone, to see if I could capture a sense of the lovely view. 

On a cold, grey, winters day, when the caw of a passing crow betrays the damp heaviness of the air, it can be drearily bleak here...not so today!

The low sun cast warm rays across the crisp, frosty landscape, and immediately lifted my spirits.  It made a bright start to what was to become a long and challenging day...

It was certainly a mixed day in many ways.   Work is very busy, with a whole range of issues to juggle...some interesting, some promising, some gratifying...yet others demanding, difficult, concerning, unsettling or upsetting...

In particular, one colleague is quite unwell and in need of some help...another sought support and guidance as he has a very poorly dog.

Even the weather was mixed.  Morning, you can see...day, mild and bright...evening, overcast and damp...and mid evening, I drove home from Birmingham on the M40, in the driving rain.

Sitting here as midnight draws near, vaguely making a list in my mind of what I still need to do tonight, I feel as though I've run the full gamut of emotions since I awoke at 7ish this a.m.

Out of this mixed bag of a bit of everything, what's my over-riding impression of the day? 

Well, we remember that which we choose to focus upon.  I can take what I want from the day!

So, despite coming away from a brief contact with the NHS with the usual frustration and anger, I choose instead to reflect upon the warm, sympathetic support that everyone has shown to those around us who aren't doing so well at the moment, for whatever reasons...and there are a few!

Is it the time of year?   It's cold, winter - I certainly find January the most depressing month.   The lack of sunlight, the lack of warmth makes me cold and blue.

However today, the universe conspired to present me with this warm ray of sunshine to send me into my challenging day feeling more calm, more grounded, and better prepared to deal with the trials of the coming day. 

Thanks, Universe!!  :-)

Perhaps you few, dear readers, can also take this ray of sunlight, representing the warmth of human kindness, as a gift from me, to help you through your day...

No comments:

Post a Comment