In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Day 46 - Oh Yes There Be

see, there be a squirrel...

It will be interesting to analyse all these photo's at the end of the year.

Certain trends will emerge, such as nature, garden wildlife, weather features...and of course rocks are going to appear at some point, for sure. 

But also, colour themes will start to become apparent, and I suspect a vibrant green will be one of the predominant ones.

There is something very soothing about the green of foliage...I often find this sort of picture attractive for that alone.

Anyway, I was pleased to get this photo after my failed attempts yesterday.  And of course, I told you so!!

I said, "there be squirrels," and here they be!

(we'll just gloss over the fact that this is in a completely different place...)

Look at him, though...he's a magnificent little thing, in his thick fur coat, with his big bushy tail keeping him perfectly balanced. 

He was out there for quite a while, feeding up on the nuts that had been put out for the birds...he needs them too, after all.

He looks quite fat, although this is partly the coat...but hopefully he's taken advantage of the late Autumn and mild early Winter, to fatten up, the better to face the inevitable chill...which appears to have now arrived.

Here's wishing our best to all the creatures that share our garden with us...we'll do what we can to help them through the cold snap...

Hang in there, little dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment