In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Day 94 - Smells Like Team Spirit

nirvana?!

We moved office last week at work.  So we've gone from our previous, dingy office, down to the basement...erm, is that progress?!

This will be our home for a few months, whilst our original office is being refurbished.  I quite like it down in the basement though, so I may try to make a case for staying here when it comes to moving back.

This photo was taken late this afternoon, with only a couple of solitary staff remaining.  

Can you have a couple of solitary staff?   If you can spot them, you will see they're not together, so I contend that yep, you can.

I like the last part of the workday.  From first thing in the morning, our office is a hive of activity...lots of talking, lots of laughing, lots of visitors....lots of people generally.  

There are 20 or so of us in this room, and it can get, shall we (politely) say, humid, as the afternoon wanes...(this may become an issue as Winter recedes and Spring settles in...)

But the last quarter of the day is pleasant, as the hubbub gradually diminishes, and one by one staff wander off, as they reach the end of their shift. 

Some rush out of the door Linford Christie style - on the b of the bang, as it were.   Others linger and chat for a while, which I enjoy more, I have to say! 

It's a bit like the post-climb vibe...another mission survived, nobody left behind, our job done for the day...aaaand relax...  

There's definitely a quiet camaraderie in these moments.

In fact, over the last year of working with this group of people, I've found a team spirit that I haven't felt since the turn of the millennium, and before that, the late 80's.

I'd forgotten what it's like, and I hadn't realised how critical this positive relationship with a team is, to me being happy in my job. 

After nearly 15 years in the wilderness, I'm finally enjoying work again...

B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment