In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Day 87 - Opposites Annoy

flowers of some sort

I still don't know what sort of flowers these are...as I mentioned the other day, the best I can do is "purple and yellow ones".

Although I expect Anna will tell me they're not purple...maybe not yellow either.   I don't know, colours aren't my thing. 

Well, I think I know which colours are what, but the rest of the world often seems to disagree with me.  How can you all be so wrong?!

I wonder if it's related to this weird oppositional confusion thing I seem to have these days.

Quite often, I'll think one thing, but somehow my mouth says the opposite.  It's always with opposites too, such as left or right, odd or even, yes or no, even (or did I mean odd?). 

Suffice to say, it drives Anna mad.  I'll say "turn left here" when I mean "turn right".  Or when Anna is climbing I'll helpfully say, "right foot up", instead of "left foot up". 

Sometimes it can be even more misleading; "Up to the right with your left hand, layback, and then put your right foot out wide to the left..."

By the time Anna's tried to process that into some kind of feasible sense, her forearms are pumped and she's lost focus.  I don't do it deliberately, though...honest!  ;-)

To be fair, Anna is pretty good at working out when I've said the wrong thing, and I haven't hurt anyone yet (except for Anna's forearms!)...

It must be annoying though - I'd be annoyed if it was me...at least by the umpteenth time of me utterly confusing a situation by saying some weird oppositional thing...

Anyway, that's the start of today's post...more yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment