In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Sunday 2 March 2014

Day 78 - Trois Pignons

no boobs

Rest day today...so at least I've kept up one half of the rest/climb contradiction.

I felt so rough last night that I was in bed by 10pm, and slept for 11 or 12 hours.  

My morning then became a sad affair...

Photobox sent me a link to a book they'd put together of all my photo's of Bluez.  It didn't seem to occur to them that the reason I'd uploaded all my photo's of Bluez was so that I could make a book of his life, which I'd already done...

Still, I sat and looked through 60 pages of photo's of Bluez, and of course, Jazz, Anna, Luci (Bluez's friend the West Highland terrier), and myself (in less time-worn form).  Looking back over his life made me alternately smile and cry.   Good old Bluez...I so miss his friendly, open face and friendly, open energy. 

Having got over that, I then finished reading Mister God, This is Anna, and when the sad ending took me by surprise, I pretended that my cold, now in full flow, was the cause of my snuffling.   It was, to a degree, but it wasn't the only cause, I must confess.  It's a remarkable book, as I noted earlier.

This afternoon we went to the beach!  I've been coming to Spain since the early 60's ( yep, I am that old, as the title of this blog asserts).  I must have been here 20 or 30 times over the last 50 years, but this is the first time I didn't bringing a swimming cossie...today, I regretted it!

The picture above might give the impression that the beach was deserted - it wasn't.   We walked on another 10 yards from where I took this photo, to see a woman sunbathing topless...she must have been hidden by the bushes in this shot.

This led to an amusing conversation about why people who are so concerned about their appearance as to want to sunbathe topless, don't seem to have the slightest concern about the sorry, flabby state of the rest of their body.

Sunbathing topless does seem to be an issue of vanity, by which I don't mean to criticise - we are all concerned with our appearance in one way or another, and I'm sure most people enjoy the healthier (and thus more attractive) appearance of a tan.  It just seems to be at odds with an apparent utter disregard for a healthy appearance in other ways, particularly weight.

Excess weight may give the impression of wealth (albeit a misleading impression, in this modern world of cheap junk food), but it's also an indicator of a lack of regular servicing and maintenance.  And it's rarely attractive, although I grant this is a subjective opinion, and in no way a statement of fact.   

As we walked on, more sun bathers were revealed, and the main beach was fairly well populated.



We spent a lovely hour sitting on the rocks, getting splashed by the occasional wave, chatting about this and that, and watching sea birds flying back and forth.

When two pigeons flew by, Anna remarked how you never see three pigeons, a phenomena we've been observing since we went to La Foret des Trois Pignons last year.   Immediately, Trois Pignons appeared and flew in circles above us for a few minutes, as if to remind us that we don't know what we're talking about. 

(yes, I know Trois Pignons doesn't mean Three Pigeons, but it looks like it ought to!)

As the tide came in, we moved from rocks to beach, only to find it very hot, and we soon realised we'd probably been sitting in the sun for far too long for our pasty bodies.

Back at the car, we found it was 25C!

Lovely...

B-)   <= that's me in my new sungles I bought from Decathlon earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment