In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Friday 28 March 2014

Day 104 - Eddie and the Hat Rods


cat in a hat

I must be getting a bit better at this photography lark, little by little.   

We were in a restaurant at lunchtime, saying goodbye to a number of colleagues who were leaving work today.  Cutbacks and whatnot, don't you know...who needs public services anyway?  They're only really important to the poor, sick, elderly and otherwise needy.

hmm, I'll try not to get sidetracked onto the criminal damage that this government has done (and is still doing) to our local authorities...

Must.....resist.....

suppress rage....

aaaand breathe....

aaaaand relax....

Sorry, where was I?

Aha, the restaurant!  So there we were, when someone noticed that amongst the fairly random items dotted around the large upstairs room, was this incredible hat. 

Someone plonked it on my mate Eddie's head, and I knew immediately I'd found my photo of the day. 

I took one photo, and this is it...I'm quite pleased with it!   The light is interesting, I somehow managed to frame it half decently, and Eddie is subtly doing his thing perfectly. 

'e's a legend in 'is own lunchtime, and no mistake!

We then had a huge electric storm a short time later, massive thunderclaps shaking the building, and rain and hail lashing against the windows.

I'm not sure if Eddie in his hat and the big storm are related, but he does have some odd characteristics, so I wouldn't put it past him.   That hat does look fairly dangerous, it could easily have caused some sort of disturbance in the spacetime continuum.   And we all know the electrical mayhem that inevitably ensues when you mess with the spacetime continuum...

(see Back to the Future for details)

Anyway it's Friday night, it's been a long week, and my brain needs a break!

(this may have already been apparent...)  

Just to finish off, when I got home a few hours later, there was no sign of the storm.   It was still raining, but I was struck by how green the grass looked and how yellow the daffodils, despite the otherwise drabness of the day.

Nice, innit?




No comments:

Post a Comment