In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Monday 24 February 2014

Day 72 - Cat in a Bag


a cat...in a bag

As I was heading for bed late last night, I had to smile.   Actually, it was this morning, early, around 12.45 am.  So it counts as today - yay!

I'd been up in the loft earlier, as part of our ongoing holiday preps, and whilst up there I'd grabbed this holdall.  My plan is to put all our climbing gear for the holiday in there, to take on the plane.

There is a ridiculous amount of equipment we need to take...maybe I'll revisit that later in the week, when I pack it all up.

I'd dumped the holdall unceremoniously at the top of the stairs, in a "I'll deal with that at some point later" kind of way...then immediately forgot about it, of course.

Each night before I go to bed (my baby), I have to carry Jazz up the stairs and plonk him on the end of the bed.   Lugging 60lbs of dozy dog up and down a dozen steps daily must do something for my strength and fitness, surely?!

So as I trudged, bleary eyed, up the stairs last night, Jazz in my arms, I was amused to find Maisie sitting, nonchalant as you please, in the bag. 

I dumped Jazz and rushed back to get a snap, but as usual the pre-flash startled her and she immediately got up to move.

Damn your ninja senses, Maisie-san!

There's something about boxes, bags, crates and wardrobes that really attracts her.

Leave a bag lying around...at some point you'll find Maisie in it.  Open a wardrobe door and she'll appear, miraculously, at your feet, and nose her way into the dark cave that's just been magically revealed...which has given us an idea for a series of photo's:

Cat in a Bag!

This is the internet, you know you want it...

Watch this space...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment