In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Sunday 23 February 2014

Day 71 - Too Cool For School


redroom

So this was my restful, relaxing Sunday morning, after a frantic week at work, and a day of chores on Saturday.

There are a few things to note.

Firstly, this is our lounge.  Do you remember me telling you about The Red Thing.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum...

Secondly, that incriminating cereal bowl isn't even mine!  I didn't even have time to have breakfast before we went climbing this afternoon.   It was the last session before our climbing holiday, and we did ok.

Climbed very hard actually...it was probably the hardest overall set of routes (roped climbs) we've ever done in a session, followed by the hardest set of problems (short, strenuous boulder climbs, without ropes) we've ever done.  

I think we're ready for Spanish Adventures, at any rate.  

La esclada deportiva en el sol!  Que sera increible!

Back to my Sunday morning...

This must be some kind of busman's "restful" Sunday morning.  What am I doing??

Oh, of course, I'm fixing PC's...

Or rather, rebuilding the image on two laptops.  They came with Windows 8 installed, and nobody needs that.  So I had to wipe and partition the drives, install Windows 7, install everything else that you need (browsers, itunes, acrobat, media players, security, utilities et cetera (bit more Latin for you there, you're welcome).  Then of course all the windows updates, and the inevitable unidentified driver conundrum.

I got it all done ok, but it took up most of my weekend.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I was also updating my own PC, and fixing an annoying bug on Anna's laptop...and setting up some walkie talkies, for mountainous adventuring...and trying to make lists of all the climbing gear we need to remember to take...and some other stuff, probably.  

And last but not least, trying to teach Loz the finer points of Windows Image building...


click there

I have to say, whilst she made an effort to pay attention, I'm not sure she was really interested.   She's not come to me with any follow up questions, and I've yet to catch her trying to format a hard drive...

I'm sure she has the smarts for it, but maybe she's simply too cool to give a rats ass.   

Which she would happily do - with rodents, she usually starts by eating the head, and works her way as far down the body as she can be bothered.   Often the back legs and tail are left for me to deal with.  Rats asses, she could get for you, if she cared...

But I reckon she's just too cool for school.

She's cool for cats, she's cool for ca-ah-ah-ah-ats...

Fin...

(I just wanted to sneak a fourth language in there, je ne sais pas pourqois!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment