In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Monday 16 June 2014

Day 184 - Camnesia

memory loss

This is a photo of our amazing new DSLR camera...

We'd gone for a walk down the lane with Jazz, as is our wont most evenings...or at least, when Jazz is up to it.  I'd taken the camera as usual, to look for a daily blog photo. 

We were only about 20m from our drive when Anna spotted a nice little tree sparrow in a small tree (natch).  I like to get a banker in early, in case no further opportunities arrive, so I spent a few moments preparing the camera, and getting in the right position to frame the sparrow nicely.

Once set up, I checked the settings, aimed, framed, focussed and generally composed the shot...pressed the shutter release...nothing happened.

Huh?

Try again...aim...focus...frame...the shutter won't open!

Then it hit me....can you see that empty slot just to the left of the yellow strip?  That's where you put the memory card...without which you can't take any photo's at all.


bollocks
I'd left it in the card reader attached to my PC...damn!

Anna suggested I run back to the house (really, wtf was she thinking?  Does she not know me?!), but I had a better idea...

I had my phone in my pocket, so decided to use the missing memory card as the subject...

So all was not entirely lost...I got to reuse this great photo of Loz...and I didn't have to run anywhere, so it's all good!

As they say on t'interwebs, Cool story, bro!  By which they mean Crap story bro!

Obviously.

B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment