In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Day 179 - Unfulfilled Potential

fish plant, plant fish

There are a lot of animals in today's photo...it's just that you can't see any of them very well.

Mind you, that possibly makes it sound more exciting than it is...it's merely six or ten goldfish, lurking in the muddy depths of the fish pond in the courtyard at work.  If you look closely, you can just about make out one or two of them...the pond is absolutely teeming with them, and some of them are quite big. 

But, erm, yep, that's about all I have to say about fish...ooh no, wait a minute, this is another animal for my collection of animal photo's...so I did have something else to say!

But now, that's all I have to say about fish...wait a sec'...no...no...yep, that's definitely all I have to say. 

Still, that's not the end of the story, fear not!

Continuing a theme of potential photo opportunities wherein I fail to get any decent photo's at all, check out this little ant:

extravag-ant accessory

He's carrying a large section of beetle carapace, which is how I came to spot him as we were walking up the lane...impressive!

Unfortunately, the light wasn't great, and I had completely the wrong lens on, of course...I had the 55-300mm zoom, which won't focus nearer than about 3ft...I couldn't hold the camera steady, crouched down uncomfortably as I was....and I certainly wasn't going to lie down on the road to get to eye level.   

The net effect of all of which is, of course, this fairly pathetic image of a cool little red ant, lugging a lump of beetle. 

Sorry 'bout that, must try harder!

:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment