In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Day 171 - Cat Pose

puss on post

This pretty little cat made a very amenable subject for my amateur(ish!) photography. 

She sat there eyeballing me as I took a variety of shots of her, experimenting with F-stops and zoom and framing and composition...it helped that I was 40 yards away, and the other side of a gate, I'm sure.

The cat was clearly alert to, and wary of, my presence, but felt comfortable that, in the worst case scenario, she could easily outrun me. 

I would concur with her assessment of the situation...

Anyway, for those who are interested (if there are any...and to be frank, those who aren't interested are getting them anyway), here are the technical details of the shot...

It was taken on a Nikon D90, using a Nikkor AF-S DX VR 55-300mm zoom lens, set at 300mm, F-Stop 5.6, ISO 200, and 0.025s shutter speed

I didn't use a RAW file, so this is a high res (4288x2848) jpg, as created by the camera.  I have tweaked it for contrast and saturation (increasing both, essentially).

It was early evening, and heavily overcast, so the light was far from ideal...but the cat supplied the necessary interest for the shot, in the absence of amazing light.

Thanks, puss!

Also, snails are see-through:


snail on glass

Who knew?!

Also, is that it's mouth?!

Shudder...

:-/

2 comments:

  1. This cat photo is amazing. My favourite yet. I want to frame it! Who is the cat?? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it Kim! :-) We think it lives in the converted barns over the way, although we're not really sure...xx

    ReplyDelete