In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Saturday 21 December 2013

Day 7 - A Whole Week!

Oh yes!

Well, I made it through my first week!   I feel as though I'm now starting to get the hang of this...I'm remembering to take the photos and write the blog, at least.

So, today has been a day of chores...we did a bit of tidying in the garden: potting the Mountain Ash tree that Anna bought for me on my 50th (ooh I can even say that now); putting up a solar light to light up the gate from the car park; sorted a load of pics of Bluez and uploaded them to photobox for the remembrance book I'm doing for him; did the Christmas food shopping; cut my hair (well, shaved my head - is that the same thing?); and finally, made some mince pies!

To be honest, Anna makes them - I just do what I'm told, which is mainly the pastry.  

We made these amazing mince pies last year, using this posh mince (is it just me or does that sound slightly dubious?!)...then we couldn't get that mince this year, so used taste the difference mince instead, for a batch we made for my birthday last week.  Today, we couldn't get the taste the difference ones, so just got the basic mince instead.   And the pastry went a bit wrong.  

Bottom line - if you're round here in the next few weeks and we offer you a mince pie (or maybe a box of mince pies) then Just Say No, mm-kaay?

By the way, I should perhaps at least acknowledge the odd disparity between me and the name on this blog.   Those who know me, will know that this isn't my real name.  There is a reason for this (or at least, an explanation)...I will tell the story in a future post (although don't take that to mean it's exciting or worth waiting for)...

1 comment:

  1. "Drugs are bad... mm-kay?" I love the SP reference lol

    I don't really like mince pies... wait... didn't you bring a batch into work? :P

    ReplyDelete