In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Monday 16 December 2013

Day 2 - Big Ambition

Ambition


I'm a bit of a cheat today (I know, and it's only day 2!), I must confess...you see, I haven't really got to grips with this one-a-day malarkey yet, this only being day 2 and all.   So I just realised I hadn't taken a photo yet, and now it's dark...damn!   

I started to look for ideas, when Anna interrupted, "Ooh, let me show you this pic I took this morning....".  I'm not sure what I was expecting(!) but when I saw this photo I knew I'd found my 1-a-day, and resolved to steal it immediately!   

Not only is it a dramatic, live action wildlife shot, but if you know Maisie, then it's kinda funny at the same time.  

She's a tiny cat, only has 3 legs, at least one dodgy eye, and is generally skittish and playful...to see her in full-on predator mode, against a bird twice her size, no less, is pretty quirky (in a Maisie sorta way), not to mention impressive - her ambition and confidence at least, no?    

Also, it's fairly typical of the sort of animal tomfoolery we witness regularly around here, and these are the moments of natural beauty, drama and entertainment that sustain our souls.  

It neatly symbolises why we live here, and why we love it.    

So Maisie once again stars as the photo of the day.    I wonder if this is going to become a thing?  She is super cute, and a ninja too...anything could happen!   

Anyway, here's to Maisie - she's a living legend..long may her antics continue to entertain us!


1 comment: