In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Thursday 19 December 2013

Day 4 - Home Fires

Cosy

Yep, this is definitely harder than expected.  But I wanted the incentive to look at the world/my life a little differently, and it's certainly working.   

It's hard to find subjects at this time of year though...work all day, dark by the time I get home, lots of things that need doing in the run up to Xmas...poor light most of the time, and precious little head-space to think to take a photo. 

Having taken a couple of indifferent snaps at work (facing the opposite direction from yesterdays photo - ooh, radical, how creative!), I decided to try for a nice pic of our lovely, cosy, open fire in our lovely, cosy lounge.   I've just spent the best part of 2 hours writing Xmas cards with this exact view of the fireplace.  There's definitely worse places to be!

I forgot, though, that I'm a completely clueless photographer.  My ambition is usually swamped by my immense ineptitude, and today's photo provides ample demonstration of this phenomena. 

Consider this - the photo above is the best photograph I took all day!  And the quality is quite horrible, the only vaguely saving grace being the Christmassy warmth of the subject. 

I'll pause for a moment whilst you consider how dire my average photo's must be.....

.
.
.
.

Anyway, I'm still hanging in there, managing to keep to my plan so far.  

So, ya know, yay me...

1 comment:

  1. This photo is amazing if you really look at it in a different way like I have :) the secret to being good at anything is to not put pressure on yourself... if this is something you're concerned about then consider this... you have mastered the playing of a musical instrument through focus and practice, you are mastering the elements through climbing... you'll get better with practice :)

    ReplyDelete