In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Friday 20 December 2013

Day 6 - TFI Friday

Xmas Crew

One of several works Christmas do's, this evening...well, straight after work...and we finished work early...amazing how much drunkenness you can fit in and still get home before 9pm.

I wasn't drunk, you understand.  But some of the boys started around 2pm, so were several pints in by the time the rest of us arrived around 5ish. 

Only one of the people in the photo above has been seriously drinking.    Can you spot which one?

Abed (the blurry one one the left) left our work some weeks ago, but for some reason, keeps coming back (I know, right?)...the other three work for me; AK47, Sham 69 and the Raving Matt-man.    It's just a shame Sarb 9000 Turbo wasn't around for the photo-op...he was certainly flying tonight!

It's difficult, being a manager, sometimes.    Knowing that your very presence influences the behaviours of those around, for better or worse.    And the constant awareness of the effect of that, and the consequent self inhibition.   

That said, I think we broke down a couple of little barriers, and we certainly had a good laugh. 

Today I learned (this might become a thing in my blog) that:

Sarb and Anil can drink...

Sham and Abed can eat...

and Matt can do serious damage to a roast turkey Christmas dinner!

Merry Xmas chaps! :o)  


1 comment:

  1. Okay so AK47 was the one in the photo who was heavily inebriated but, the absentee was 20,000 leagues over the limit :P (Sarb9000)

    It was great that Abed could make it, that guy is a lot of fun.

    You can't tell from the photo but, I was actually really nervous as it was shortly before this that I started having neck and spasm issues.

    Tony... it's not Lord Of The Rings and you're not Sauron :P but, you certainly brought with you a feeling of relief to the SD and it took a while for you to settle in but, if people are honest, you saved all of us from a hellish nightmare... and you actually listen! :)

    As for my eating habbits... eh... that is dependant on the food, my mood and the time constraint :P

    ReplyDelete