In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Friday 27 December 2013

Day 12 - Bear Faced Cheek

Do you remember?

One subject guaranteed to make me feel old is onesies.   I just don't get it.   

What is...how do you....I mean, why?! 

Seems to me they're just romper suits re-branded as day wear for non-babies.    I can kinda see how they'd be comfy for lolling about the house (it should be mandatory that if you are wearing a onesie, you must at all times be in a state of loll)...but people wear them to go out!

A while ago Anna and I came across a gaggle of teenage girls wearing them around Tesco's at 10am on a Saturday morning...

Worse, and somewhat shockingly, a young man in his 20's came out of WH Smith in Warwick wearing one, the other lunchtime.   

I mean, wtf?  Have these people no dignity?!    Not any more they don't....

Anyway all that said, I now have to confess that 'Tembie looked super cute in her polar bear onesie today, at our Boxing Day family gathering.   Really, quite deliciously scrumptious.   

I couldn't resist the opportunity for a photo of the day, and although she insisted on hiding behind the chair, she still looks as cute as a button, don't you think? 

Which makes me think...was there a time that buttons were considered cute?   They were also seen as being bright, as I recall...as in, "that 'Tembie is bright as a button!"...

I've just checked the nearest buttons (these being the ones on my long sleeved top, and the one on my jeans).  Neither are what I would describe as cute, and nor are they bright. 

I wonder what happened...have buttons, over time, lost this mythical cute/brightness?    Or is it that button manufacturers used to have much bigger marketing budgets?   

I wonder if we'll ever learn the answer to that.  I'm going to guess...not.

Back on topic...did any of you bright buttons spot the Earth Wind and Fire reference in the caption on today's photo?  3 points if so, well done!

If you didn't, the only clue I will give is that 'Tembie's full name is September...

Oh and whilst I remember (ooh topical, see next bit), Today I Learned;

Kids these days apparently expect their mothers to be Password Masters of the Universe.  Rather than remember their own, they simply expect that mum will somehow automagically know what it is, as any given moment. 

Kids are brilliant!

Toodle pip!

2 comments:

  1. Kids are brilliant!... then they grow up... lol... what they become after being kids is something simply unpredictable.

    Onesies: Basically remind me of the old Victorian photos of men wearing Long Johns (basically, all-in-one sleepwear).

    They regained popularity, possibly through the T. V. show scrubs or possibly due to us humans becoming lazier as a species :P (well... some of us at least)

    I can appreciate onesies for their practical purposes and because I'm a fan of CosPlay (which I was hoping to do at Comicon in 2014) I appreciate well designed fan bought onesies.

    Note: Onesies are not 'One size fits all', please have some dignity and self respect to avoid looking like a poorly packed sausage! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way... none of what I said was based on research... or study... just observation and opinion :P

      Delete