In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Monday 18 August 2014

Day 247 - Relaxed Ruminants

roe doe or doe roe?

Our evening walks have tailed off lately, so even though the evening was a little windy and rain threatened, we made the effort to take a stroll down the lane to see what's happening out there.

We needed to get going anyway, as we're both still feeling a little tired, worn and generally under the weather, and we were in danger of flaking out for the evening. 

It's Week 3, Day 1 of our Pull Up Challenge too, so we need to muster some energy to stick with that particular (or puh-chick-ullah, as the Tai Chi guru pronounces it) programme. 

So we wandered down the lane listening to the oddly persistent shrieks of a buzzard across the field, and trying to spot where it was and what was up with it. 

We never did spot the buzzard, but this lovely doe roe was bimbling around the edge of the field, and seemed curiously unperturbed by our presence (albeit we were partially obscured by the hedgerow). 

I took about a bazillion photo's, which weren't great in the main, as the light was poor.  But I quite liked these two, which I tried to frame a little differently to the usual target in the middle of the shot framing.


big ears

I couldn't decide which of these two I preferred, so I'll leave that up to you, if it even matters.

We also met this strangely brazen sheep...it had an unusual and slightly unsettling bravado, compared with the usual run away if anyone looks at you attitude of our local lambs.


one shoop

I wasn't even zoomed in for this shot, she was only about 3m away from me...weird!

A propos of nothing much, if the singular of geese is goose, then shouldn't the singular of sheep be shoop?   Several sheep, one shoop...makes sense to me....

Anyway we arrived home and immediately got stuck in to the pull up thing...it was hard tonight, as we are still sore from climbing on Saturday...but we completed our sets, painful as it was.  

For some reason my schedule totalled 3 more pull ups than I've done in a 10 minute session before, which seemed quite a steep increase in difficulty. 

But I just about managed it, so with hindsight I'm treating it as significant progress!

Tired and hungry now though...

:-)

2 comments: