In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Friday 1 August 2014

Day 230 - Plus One

mountain to climb

This is a graph of the number of hits per month on my blog, from inception until today. 

Each month the right most line drops to zero, then creeps upwards through the month, at a rate of 30-50 visits per day (not counting my own!).

Of course these statistics and the attendant graphs immediately make me want to improve them!

Each month I anxiously watch as the current total climbs steadily, hoping I can beat last month's score.

Despite the fact hat I'm desperate to improve, this doesn't lead to any actual action on my part...I don't advertise or publicise the blog in any way...I'm not on Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn or any of that...

Instead, I use a carelessly yet cunningly evolved strategy of vaguely hoping I might get more hits -you know, if I really want it to happen, just wanting it harder should help, shouldn't it?

Isn't that what we're told - you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it!

Well check this out to see how effective my mind has been...here's June's total:


record score

Ooh 1488 views, nearly 50 a day (appropriate, don't you think?).

So for the last month, and especially for the last week, as the end of the month approached, I've been putting my mind to it really intently, hoping (really hard!) that the July total will eclipse that of June. 

It was a close call...

As the day crept on yesterday, the total crept higher, until in the end I finally staggered across the line, just in the nick of time.


plus one

Woah, check out the funky stats on me - I absolutely smashed the record by a whole hit!

Get in!

1489 hits in July, following a mere 1488 in June - that's a month on month gain of around 0.067%!

Impressive!

After such a resounding victory, I feel duty-bound to celebrate by going out for a pub meal this evening...

Thanks to all of you who contributed to this stunning achievement, especially the one who pushed us that last 0.067% over the winning line. 

Nice one! (do you see what I did there?)

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment