In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Friday 4 April 2014

Day 111 - Victim of Circumstance

about to burst into leaf

Oh dear, this is a bit of a let down... 

I had a super busy day at work - no time to think, let alone get a photo.  So when I got home (late) and realised I'd not even thought about a photo for the day, and I had half an hour before we were due to go out, I was a tad concerned...in a panic I rushed out and tried to capture something of the lovely sunny evening that was in progress.

Mostly, I think I failed...

It's hard finding new inspiration every day...after all, I'm 111 (binary solo...) days in to this thing, and haven't missed a day yet.   It continues to be a challenge every day.

To give you a flavour of one kind of obstacle I occasionally encounter, allow me to elaborate on my current circumstance.   

Earlier, we went out for a meal.  I didn't have much time between work and dinner, but at least we got home from the meal fairly early, around 9.30pm.  

It was a very pleasant couple of hours, during which I indulged in a rare pint.  It's Friday night, innit?!   

Now I'm home, full of Indian food and beer...on the TV is a particularly distracting Louis Theroux episode on the US wrestling scene.

I've had some pear cider since arriving home, and given that I have a fairly low tolerance for alcohol, I'm a little buzzed. 

And that TV thing is distracting, Jezz and Anna laughing, whilst I'm supposed to come up with something profound, or at least witty, to say.

Well, I don't think it's going to happen.  I feel defeated...

Ah well, more climbing tomorrow!   Back up to the Peak, trying to make the most of an early season glut of opportunity.  

I'm so tired it's just silly, but I need to get fitter and stronger for the rest of the year's adventures, so I'll push on through and catch up on sleep...I dunno, when I'm dead or whenever...

Onwards!

Zzzzzzzz.....

No comments:

Post a Comment