In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Day 108 - Spring in the Sun


ninja mode = stealth

I found myself sitting here for 5 minutes, trying to decide which of our three little ones I should put first...as if they even care!

In the end, I realised that this is the internet, so obviously go with the cutest cat photo.

Although once again I'm cheating in that I didn't take any of these...but they were all taken today, here in our home.

So according to my strict rules (which I'm making up as I go along and even changing to suit myself if I feel like it, thanks for asking), they're acceptable blog pics.

We're currently exploring the limitations of the so called "compact DSLR/Bridge" format of camera, and successfully running into them repeatedly.  I think we have now established that we want a DSLR...

In any case, here's a photo of a cute cat!!   This is Maisie, the cutest little tripod ever.  She has three legs and about the same number of teeth.  Oh and she's a bit deaf...and a bit blind...

We don't know how old she is, but the latest evidence suggests she's around the same age as the others, 12-13.  

Maisie loves it when the weather picks up, and she can take up residence outside on the decking, where she'll hang out whenever it's sunny for the rest of the year. 

Loz pushes her around now and then, but she doesn't take it personally.  

I reckon she has enough skill points in Agility, Speed and Stealth to take Loz out, if she wanted to...and yet she also feels a moral imperative not to take advantage of a less enlightened, more primitive being. 

Maisie, the ninja!



sleepy time

Jazz, meanwhile, has to stay indoors more.  Being both black, and occasionally lacking in common sense, he's liable to find the most direct sunlight and just go to sleep in it.    Of course he quickly overheats, yet still has to be told to go inside, tongue lolling as he pants to try to cool. 

He's very old now (13 in a few months), and it increasingly shows.   He's limping more all the time, and his back legs giving way now and then.

He's covered in lumps and bumps...mainly fatty cysts, but who knows what else?

He's had an upset tum off and on for a couple of weeks, and he throws up increasingly often. 

And he sleeps more, and is generally more lethargic and reluctant to get up...a couple of nights ago, dinner was being served in the kitchen, which included cheese and other goodies.  For possibly the first time in his life, Jazz didn't bother getting up from where he was lying under my chair...

He is getting old!

But whilst he may be a clunky old dog, he's still my mate Jazzface, my little sidekick...Anna's Puddin', her best sofa buddy...

Hang in there, JazzyBoy!



you sayin' I'm funny?

Finally here's Loz, the Killer Queen.   

You can clearly see it in her eyes..."don't mess with me and I may let you live...I said may..."

Like Maisie, Loz also enjoys lounging in the sun on the decking, and at least she has the advantage of not having a black fur thermal heat capturing coat.  

Loz loves chicken, and cheese...tho' sometimes, not even those - she can be so fussy!

Loz is getting on a bit too, probably the oldest of the three, and she rules the roost.   The others are allowed to carry on living here (and this is quite clearly a privilege, not a right, as far as she can see), but only in accordance with her terms and conditions...which will be enforced through the use of a swift claw...

(Anna, was that you I spied lurking in the middle of that last sentence?!)

But mostly, Loz likes to kill things.   

Killing tiny, tiny things - that's her thing!


So that's our happy little menagerie...still missing the Big Dog, Bluez...but still plodding along, grateful to have made it through another bleak winter, to another beautiful Spring in the sun...

I feel you, little furry ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment