In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Sunday 7 December 2014

Day 358 - Phailed Photography

xl5?

The sun has definitely set on this blog, as I head into the final week...so a moonrise for a Photo of the Day seemed fitting.

We were walking The Boy Wonder down the lane at around 5.30pm this afternoon, weary from our weekly bouldering session, and the moon was a spectacular orange ball hovering just above the horizon.

The silhouetted trees on the skyline gave the moon a warm yet haunting look.

Of course, I only had my phone, and from my phone's perspective, it was just a tiny dot of light, 240,000 miles away, and it had no idea what to do with it.

I tried a variety of settings but this was the best I could get (and this is a small crop from a large photo)...but at least it captured the fireball aspect of the moon.

Still, I have a variety of other failed shots for your delectation and delight this evening!

Here's a selfie from our Christmas do last night:

yay photoshop

It's been heavily doctored, in order to try to make us look presentable, as you can no doubt see...but isn't that all the rage these days, with instagram and whatnot?

This morning, the sun came out around 11am and we figured we'd make the most of it and head over to the woods with Treacle SpongeBob

However, by the time we were ready to go, the sun had gone in again, and it had started to look like rain...and sure enough, as we got up towards the top of the woods (the furthest point from home, natch), it started to spit, and within minutes was fully raining.

I stuffed the camera into my coat to protect it, and we started to make our way home...when suddenly Robin shot off into the trees, as Anna too spotted a Roe deer making a sharp exit southwards. 

I hurriedly fumbled the camera out and was just in time to take some shaky shots of Wonderboy making his way back to us, having lost touch with the deer.

dog wood

I was clearly on a roll, so when Anna again spotted the deer off to the right in the orchard, I rattled off another riveting snapshot...

oh dear

At first (or second or third) glance, this may look like a pointless photo of a field from amongst some dark trees...but check again in the lower right quarter of the image...

oh, deer

That, my friends, is a small (and very hasty) roe deer, quickly exiting right before I can open the shutter again.

So there we have it - a range of decent photo opportunities, and not a single decent photo in sight.

Thank god I only have to do seven more entries for this blog. 

I'll be back tomorrow with my final Monday post...

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment